Friday, September 18, 2009

ATCs

Today's post is going to be centered on ATCs. ATCs are Artist Trading Cards. They are cards in witch you do the art for. I was introduced to them just a couple of days ago. As seeing that I'm an aspiring artist of some sorts, I was trilled to find out about these little things.

I thought that ATCs were just something my friend came up with, but with a quick search online I found that *the "ATC movement" developed out of the mail art movement. They also have origins in Switzerland. Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc), paper media (in the form of collage, paper-cuts, found objects, etc). The cards are usually traded or exchanged rather than sold.
M. Vänçi Stirnemann originated the idea in 1996, holding trading sessions in Zurich, Switzerland.

Clubs, trading sessions, and online mail-art communities have largely replaced the original concept of trading the cards during individual encounters, and many ATC workshops end with a trading session.* So with that being said here are some of my ATCs. (The details on ATCs in between the two asterisks* is from Wiki.)

If you are interested in trading send me an E-mail at rodandcustom45@gmail.com.